Hi, My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight

Endocrinologist
Question

My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 86kg. I went through the annual medical check earlier this month. Attached are the results.

The doctor who checked the reports suggests my Thyroid level is above normal. He recommended to start thyroxine sodium 100mg immediately for thyroid and recommended to work with a dietician for weight loss. I wanted to check if the dosage recommended is optimum for my case. Also, is it true that once Thyroid medication is started, it has to be continued life long?

There seems to be an issue with liver function as well for which I'm asked to take NUSAM twice a day. I haven't started the medication for both yet. Wanted to ensure that I start with correct dosage for both. Looking for expert recommendation.

Thank you,
Deepak

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
sorry no reports to view !

Detailed Answer:
dear mr. XXXXXXX I would have been happy to help you, but there are no reports to see. i checked from your previous queries as well, but no report could be traced.
kindly send me the reports to answer your queries.
regards!

Follow-up: Hi, My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 24 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Sorry about that. Can you please check now?

Thank you,
Deepak

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
not opening still.

Detailed Answer: XXXXXXX ji, can you write your thyroid report, and liver report. the pdf files are not opening.
sorry!

Follow-up: Hi, My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 1 hour later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Sorry for the inconvenience. Looks like technology isn't supporting. Let me take one more chance. This time, I've uploaded them in jpeg format. Also, I've sent them via email to YYYY@YYYY with Subject: ATTN XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Hope this time it will work.

Thank you,
Deepak

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 42 hours later
Brief Answer:
sorry!

Detailed Answer:
dear XXXXXXX ji, it did not work. jpg format or pdf format , neither. i have requested the customer care to forward the reports to me. still i will request you to write the reports which are important and send here in query.
regards!

Follow-up: Hi, My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 2 days later
.

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
finally i could go through your reports.

Detailed Answer:
your thyroid profile is actually disturbed, and you need to start the treatment. the dose suggested 100 mcg is also appropriate for now. you may start with the tablet once a day, early morning , empty stomach and avoid any other food or beverage intake over the tab for another 30 minutes.
as of your liver, the enzymes are deranged little. but that may be due to alcohol or overweight. if you are taking alcohol, it must be cut down or stopped altogether. exercise and low calorie diet is definitely required. meanwhile you may start with tab udiliv 300 mg twice a day . recheck you liver and thyroid profile after 3 months and get back to me. also please check your antibody profile Anti TPO to get the answer to your question , will you require the treatment for life.
regards!

Follow-up: Hi, My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 31 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you so much for checking the reports and providing your inputs. I rarely consume alcohol, maybe 3 - 4 times in a year. Its a case of non-alcoholic fatty liver.

I tried to buy prescribed medicines but the chemist was insisting on prescription. Would you be able to send me a soft copy of the prescription for thyroid and non-alcoholic fatty liver conditions, please?

Thank you,
Deepak

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sure. Will send it.

Detailed Answer:
Dear mr XXXXXXX sorry for the delay and all the troubles you are facing. You can obtain a prescription from your local doctor. If you find any problem, then you can contact customer care. I will send u the soft copy through customer care.

Follow-up: Hi, My name is Deepak. Age 35, Height 169cm, Weight 49 minutes later
Thank you so much! I'd appreciate if you could send it.

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sure!

Detailed Answer:
dear sir by evening u will get the prescription