Hi. My eight year old son has a fever of
He has had a low grade fever of 99.5 off and on since Tuesday night. No fever last night or this morning.
The pain on his left side is what concerns me.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
Reading to the symptoms I think your child maby be suffering from bronchopneumonia or bronchitis .
He needs to be visited by a doctor to listen (auscultate) his lungs or probably do a x-ray too. If this is true he may need antibiotics and expectorants such carbocisteina to cough the mucus out.
Give him acetaminophen or ibuprofen for fever.
Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.