Hi. My eight year old son has a fever of
He has had a low grade fever of 99.5 off and on since Tuesday night. No fever last night or this morning.
The pain on his left side is what concerns me.
Needs to be investigated
Thanks for using the Ask A Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. If your child has a fever with temperature more than 100°F, you should give Acetaminophen (P-250 or Tylenol) to it bring down. Also use tepid sponging. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Meftal-P (Mefenamic acid) which is more effective.
The pain under the rib cage could be due to costochondritis. But the overall presentation concerns me. Blood for complete blood count and CRP needs to be sent for. The urine needs to be tested for routine microscopy and culture sensitivity.
I'd recommend visiting a doctor(Paediatrician preferably). It needs medical attention.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever