Hi My cousin brother coughed up 200 ml of blood
My cousin brother coughed up 200 ml of blood 2-3 times few days back. Reports are attached. Kindly confirm your diagnosis and advice next course of treatment herein
Get done bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the reports you have attached.
It is suggestive of lung infection.
In my opinion, TB should be ruled out.
So get done bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX (bronchoalveolar lavage) analysis for Tuberculosis.
This will also identify other infection (other than TB) if present.
Please let me know
1. Is he having weight loss?
2. Any contact with TB patient?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing him good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?