Hi My TMT report says mildly positive for excercise induced
My TMT report says mildly positive for excercise induced myocardial ischemia.
During peak exercise ecg showed horizontal st t depression upto 2mm in lead II, III, AVF, v4-6, normalising within 15 sec of recovery.
Echo- normal. Just diastolic relaxation abnormality present
LDL- 101, HDL-33, triglycerides-139, total-157
No diabetics, no high blood pressure
Height -165 cms
Non-smokers, no alcohol and no family history of early heart disease.
Live a sedentary life style
Symptoms- mild shoulder or chest or upper abdomen pin pointing spasms like pain on excersion that relives at rest. Breathing issues even at rest sometimes.
And yes i do suffer from anxiety
1- what are the chances of CAD?
2- can low grade fever and cold just 2 days before influence, tmt changes?
3- do I really need ct angio?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details and the medical reports attached by you I can understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that
1. A positive TMT carries a significant chances of having an underlying coronary artery disease.
2. No it doesn’t cause these ecg changes.
3. YES it’s highly advisable that you should get this evaluated further by getting an Angiography done as advised by your treating doctor, as you are quite young and if any underlying cad is left unattended there are high chances of getting the quality of life deteriorated.
Hope to have been helpful.
Dr Bhanu partap
What are the chances of this being false positive? My echo is normal and have no other risk factors too.
I had stress test in 2017 which was negative. Is it possible for CAD to happen so early?
Chances of having a false positive TMT is around 20% and in your case the chances of having false positive results are even more as if we see your stress echo report it’s saying stress echo negative for inducible ischemia.
Significant CAD happening over a period of one year is highly unlikely but insignificant CAD which was present before can progress to a significant stage in this period of time.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?