Hi My Mother who is 65 years old was having
My Mother who is 65 years old was having trouble walking on left foot since 2 Years. After that she slipped one day and post that was bed ridden for 2 monthsand her left feet filled with puss and when we showed to a Doctor he referred to a Surgeon first to remove the pus as the feet was badly infected. The Surgeon prior to Surgery ordered a Doppler and am attaching the results of the Doppler and Doctor mentioned that she has Severe calcification of Vessels. Can this be resolved by Medicine.
Medicines are not effective
I have studied your case and report. Her blood vessels has calcium deposit and it can notbe removed with out surgery. She has blockage in both legs. Medicines are not very effective in such cases. With infection chances of surgery results are better then medicines.
I hope this answers your query.
Surgery is to improve blood supply
As your reports are suggesting that her vessels are blocked, she need two type of surgery.
1. vessles by pass which is done when a major vessle is blocked.
2.stenting when block is small.
For any surgery patient's general condition has to be good. As she is not in good condition first make sure that her haemoglobin is above 12, blood sugar is under control . Only after that surgery can be done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for foot drop
- What are symptoms of rib fracture?
- What causes pain in inside of elbow of both arms?
- Suggest treatment for cervical spondylitis
- What causes red knots on arms,legs and body with swelling on ankles?
- What causes pain and swelling in knee and calf with history of...
- Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
- What causes throbbing pain in right side of abdomen?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in heels?
- What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?