Hi, My Daughter is 5years and I take good care

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 1 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,
My Daughter is 5years and I take good care of her Vaginal area however from sometime I have been observing bad odor from her vaginal area.

In school the didi is not good and do not wash properly. But I do take care when she comes back.
But today i felt odor while she was sitting near to me and that alarmed me thinking that why the odor is so strong that it is coming while sitting next to her. I TRIED TO SMELL HER UN WEARING HER AND I REALLY FEEL IT WAS TOO STRONG AND BAD
Her vaginal area is normal no rashes, no signs of any redness also I check there is no discharge on panties etc. She is just 5 year can you please suggest ...
She do not drink water as she keep getting blisters in mouth and in winters it has reduced too .
SHE ALSO COMPLAINS ITCHINESS THERE AND POTTY AREA ..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to infection.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The itchiness in the area and the bad odour is suggestive of an infection even if there is no excessive discharge.
Wash the area with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. XXXXXXX it dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area or use a thin layer of Vaseline. Creams containing ceramides and calamine lotion may be helpful but avoid use of any creams containing propylene glycol, lactic acid, urea or salicylic acid.

If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 days later
Thanks Maam,
I staretd taking care a lot and applied cocomut oil daily ..
it has vanished the odor 100% wow

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Daily cleanliness regimen will help a lot.
I am happy I could help.
Do recommend our services to your friends too in case you find it helpful.
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D