Hi, My 7 year old daughter diagnosed with Bell's palsy
My 7 year old daughter diagnosed with Bell's palsy and she couldn't able to close her eye properly. It happened before 6 days back and yesterday I visited to clinic and the doctor prescribed 1) WYSOLONE 2) LANZOLE 3) ZOVIRX 4) TEAR PLUS EYE DROP.
other than eye closing and one side smile she is seems to be normal. Will my daughter recover to normal? can you please tell me how long it will take. I am totally depressed. Experts please advise me. Thanks a lot
Complete recovery will be in three months.
Thanks for the query,
Bell’s palsy is an idiopathic( without any defenite cause) comdition and in children it can develop after an episode of viral infection.
Steroids are the mainstay of treatment along with anti viral drugs. In your case she is on steroid( wysolone) and antiviral( Zovirax).
Nothing much to worry and her treatment is in the right track.
Generally the signs of improvement will begin in ten to fourteen days and complete recovery in three months.
In kids residual weakness or deformity is unlikely.
You have to keep her eye covered and I still drops to prevent corneal injury.
Wishing all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?