Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hi, My 2yr kid having high fever since 2 days

Answered by
Dr. Diptanshu Das


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3703 Questions

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hi,

My 2yr kid having high fever since 2 days (103 now we checked). we were giving Calpol 250 (3ml) in 6hrs interval. temperature drop to normal for few hours and then it comes back. last night around 9:30 PM we gave her Sinarest (5ml). in the past 12 hours she had vomiting twice (the vomit comes out is too hot now).
For vomiting we gave her Neopeptine (20 drops) last night after food. and few mins back she had little water and some of it came out as vomiting
can we giver her calpol 250 now to reduce the temperature ?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be given

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. Often such viral infections manifest with fever. If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol (P-250, Crocin or Calpol) to it bring down. Also use tepid sponging. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Meftal-P (mefenamic acid) which is more effective.

If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.

Please be patient. It may take a few days for the recovery to occur. It should spontaneously resolve in 5-7 days.

Hopefully that would help. Feel free to write back in case of further queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 5 hours later
Can you suggest if we can give Sinarest which contain paracetamol 125. as we visited Doctor a while ago and he suggested few other medicine for vomiting along with SolvinCold.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give some antiallergic

Detailed Answer:
Instead of Sinarest or Solvin Cold we usually advise some antiallergic like cetirizine or chlorpheniramine to be given isolatedly. It is pointless to combine with paracetamol as in case of both. Paracetamol needs to be given only if there is temperature.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on