Hi, I've been post menopausal since age 50. I was
Can be due to vaginal dryness.
Thanks for posting your query.
Post menopausal bleeding is a common problem however the most common cause is a problem with the endometrial lining of the uterus.
The most common other causes would be vaginal atrophy or dryness or problems related to the cervix.
The vaginal dryness would respond to topical estrogen replacement creams and a pap smear would be able to assess the state of the cervix to determine if there are any problems with it.
Lesions of the ovary can also cause this symptom but this can be ruled out on ultrasound.
You need to consider visiting your doctor for a comprehensive imaging and blood investigations (full blood count, ESR (checks for inflammation), ultrasound scan and if needed endometrial biopsy, CEA).
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Investigations are needed.
Thanks for writing again.
The investigations will help in ruling out any serious causes.
You can get the estrogen gel prescribed from your gynecologist for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...