question-icon

Hi! I'm an 18 yo female who was diagnosed with

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Question: Hi! I'm an 18 yo female who was diagnosed with PCOS, but I feel that diagnosis is wrong considering I only have the pain symptoms (no weight gain, excess hair, etc)
I'm currently on day one of my period, and my pain is indescribable. I can barely stand, and my back and pelvic area feels like it's throbbing with sharp pains. My legs (quads mostly) are also so sore, I can't even stretch them out.
Is this a problem worth going to an ER or Urgent Care for? Or do I wait it out and schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Go to the ER for pain-relieving injection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I don't think this is related to PCOD.
Looks much as endometriosis pain rather than PCOD pain.

Please go to the ER for a pain relieving injection.
Then tomorrow you can go to the Gynecologist.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka