Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

171 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hi! I'm an 18 yo female who was diagnosed with

Answered by
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 4133 Questions

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hi! I'm an 18 yo female who was diagnosed with PCOS, but I feel that diagnosis is wrong considering I only have the pain symptoms (no weight gain, excess hair, etc)
I'm currently on day one of my period, and my pain is indescribable. I can barely stand, and my back and pelvic area feels like it's throbbing with sharp pains. My legs (quads mostly) are also so sore, I can't even stretch them out.
Is this a problem worth going to an ER or Urgent Care for? Or do I wait it out and schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go to the ER for pain-relieving injection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I don't think this is related to PCOD.
Looks much as endometriosis pain rather than PCOD pain.

Please go to the ER for a pain relieving injection.
Then tomorrow you can go to the Gynecologist.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on