question-icon

Hi I'm a 63 male and have a question. I

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019
Question: Hi I'm a 63 male and have a question. I am frequently going pee and its weak and sometime its little pain feeling its been going on for about two week now.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably a urinary tract infection, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to a urinary tract infection.

I suggest you to do a complete blood count and a urine test to confirm the diagnosis.

If the diagnosis is confirmed I recommend to use antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days.

It is a prescribed medication, so you should consult your doctor before this treatment.

I also recommend to use anti-inflammatory medication to relieve the symptoms such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three tablets a day.

I suggest you to drink liquids and especially cranberry juice.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (2 hours later)
Just started to have little blood when I finishing peeing. is that maybe urinary tract infection.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Probably a urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again dear,

Yes, it is probably a urinary tract infection.

I suggest you to follow the advice that I give above about the treatment.

I also recommend to drink a lot of liquids and especially cranberry juice.

Take care dear,

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi