Hi. I'm a 54 yr old female with high cholesterol

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi. I'm a 54 yr old female with high cholesterol. Tuesday night I had a strange experience after over-indulging in alcohol (party).....I became nauseous, vomiting & then almost passed out and had to sit down. My BF helped me to the bathroom, and I didn't make it to the bathroom before I fell/fainted but never lost conciousness. I experienced massive diarehha and once that past was more aware/awake. Wednesday, I was nauseous and dizzy all day & couldn't eat. Since then I've been light headed, but I have been able to eat & hold down food. The light headedness worries me.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to low blood pressure, probably caused by dehydration and the diarrhea.

It may be a food intoxication or a viral infection which caused the nausea and the massive diarrhea.

For this reason, I recommend you to have some rest, take plenty of fluids (water, juices) and closely monitor your blood pressure values.

Increasing salt intake in your diet may be helpful in case of low blood pressure values.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist