question-icon

Hi, I was scratched by a cat 4 days ago.

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2018
Question: Hi,

I was scratched by a cat 4 days ago. I took my first anti-rabies vaccine on December 7. But, it wasn't injected properly. Now, here is my question: Can I restart the vaccination from tomorrow? Technically, tomorrow should be my second dose but since I want to restart my vaccination schedule, tomorrow will be my first schedule.

So, is there any harm in it? Please suggest. I seriously want to start afresh from tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
No need to restart the schedule,

Detailed Answer:
You can continue the current cycle of vaccination.
No need to restart the schedule.
( There is no point in restarting the schedule because tomorrow is the second dose of your ongoing cycle).
Wishing all the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Shinas Hussain