Hi I ve always had a painful sensation in my

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sun, 30 Dec 2018 in Back Pain
Question: Hi

I've always had a painful sensation in my body since I was a child. I refer to the pain as "growing pain" while I am not growing anymore with me being 28 years old then it's not from actual growing. But the pain is the same.

I usually get it in one of my legs and occasionally in one of my arms. It's a lingering pain that is worst when I don't move my leg/arm and sit still or lie down. Moving the leg usually helps a bit with the pain and painkillers are effective too. Most of the time they come and remain for the rest of the day and sometimes they persist overnight and remain also into the next day.

I think they can happen out of nowhere, but mainly they happen either from prolonged sitting but not always coming. Or they happen after standing up or walking a lot the same day. It's very aching and quite annoying and makes it hard to both rest and move around with and I don't like taking painkillers for every small ache, but it seems to be the only thing that helps except time.

What is this pain I experience?
What is causing it?
Can I prevent it or do something about it?

I don't know many who experience the same thing.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pl see below

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read your description and it says you have sudden onset pain , relieved by activity but pain is present on exertion like standing or prolonged walking also.
This pain can be of many origins like arthritis, vitamin deficiency , electrolyte imbalance and like wise. But if you are completely normal in between then there is not likely to be a serious disease.
I suggest you get following blood tests-- CBC with ESR ,ASO CRP R A Factor , Anti CCP antibodies, Serum Vitamin D3 and B12 , Serum Electrolyte and liver function tests to begin with.
Let us discuss the prevention or cause after seeing the report.
Thanks. Waiting for your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 50 minutes later
Thank you for your answer doctor.

I am having quite some other symptoms too which may or may not be related to this.

I know it's not your field, but I have an echochardiogram this week because I also experience irregular hearbeats in episodes that last 4-6 hours, not frequently but they come maybe once a month or so. Usually they are happening few hours after I participate in physical activity or exercise. I also struggle with back pain and poor posture from this.

Could it be connected? I especially hear you mentioning the vitamin and electrolytes. I have had many tests done this summer for gastro related issues IBS. And in there my blood numbers were good, but liver, vitamin and electrolyte has not been tested.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes could be co related

Detailed Answer:
Hi
An association between increased and missing heartbeats and body pains cannot be ruled out since rheumatoid ds and other seronegative spondylo arthopathies could post similar pictures.
It is better to get the tests done and consult a rheumatologist .
Thanks