Hi, I Think I Have A Sinus Infection . Had
chronic Rhino sinusitis
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and after reviewing your case history, I’m of the following opinion:
1. As there is a history of past infection [in May], along with allergies and associated symptoms: [loss of sense of smell, blocked nose, mucus builds up] thus probably suffering from chronic Rhinosinusitis.
PS. Going by your history of the blocked nose [it seems probably Maxillary sinus is affected], what was the opinion of ENT Specialist or any /investigation [CT/X-ray of sinus [PNS] done]??
2. I usually manage my patient(s) on the line of ‘jeerna pratishyaya’ [ जीर्ण प्रतिश्याय]
- Avoid heavy, slimy and acidic food, curd, mustard oil, excess physical exertion, sunlight-dust areas, exposure to strong winds, day sleeping, smoking, potato, green leafy vegetables, cold water/food
- Take old brown rice, soup of moong dal, black grapes, cow’s or goat milk, garlic, lukewarm water to drink, black pepper, dried ginger, honey, mulethi, launga.
- Take Raw ginger+ raw turmeric: [2 gm each] and fry in cow’s ghee [6 gm] and thereafter add 6 gm jaggery and take at bed time [during night]
3. Mine Successful and the result oriented prescription for you will be:
i. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras+ shringa bhasma+ Shuddha man shila+ madhuyashti/sitopladi churan: twice a day with cow’s ghee
ii. Chitrak haritki: at bedtime [20gm]
iii. Vyoshadi churan/Vati: after meals, two times
PS. start practicing NASYA [errhine therapy], after consulting/guidance of an Ayurveda physician [with shadbindu tail]
iv. As attacks are frequent take high protein diet but since blockage of the nose is an issue thus yogurt and beans are not recommended and also do deep breathing Exercises [anulom vilom]
i. Vitamin A: helps to maintain Thymus gland which is a powerful antiviral gland: thus XXXXXXX carrots, cantaloupe, egg yolk, apricots, pumpkin, papaya, are ideal.
ii. Vitamin C: is needed for proper functioning of the immune system: Amla is best.
iii. Vitamin E: is a powerful antioxidant which helps to stimulate antibody production: peanuts, dried apricots, cooked spinach, taro root can be taken.
iv. Vitamin B is important for the activity of phagocytes: eggs, cheese, pistachio, raw garlic, sunflower, and sesame oil.
PS. Since knowing our limitations, your ENT Doctor is in a better position for further prognosis, but Preventive and Prophylactic treatment and Management has been provided.
Dr. Munish Sood
direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood