Hi! I started zoloft 2 months ago, and i have

Question
Hi! I started zoloft 2 months ago, and i have sadly gained 6 lbs in this time. I have not changed any of my eating habits and exercise routine, I believe this is just from the medication itself. It somehow seems to make me retain a lot of water, and i am puffy and very bloated. Please help. Do you have any ideas on something I can do or take to make this better?
Thanks
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Zoloft can sometimes cause weight gain, rarely more than 5 pounds. However, this weight gain can be effectively managed with diet and exercise. I recommend decreasing your caloric intake, and exercising at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. If you do these things, I would expect the weight to come off.

Dr. Sheppe