Hi. I recently turned 40 in Dec 2018. I suffered
Genetic testing is necessary.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor" service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
Even with the correct management, it is crucial to diagnose correctly the subtype of Ehlers-Danlos.
Since the vascular type is suspected, DNA based genetic testing is necessary.
I think that other options for anticoagulation/antiagregation should be evaluated until a correct diagnosis is achieved. ( enoxaparin, rivaroxaban, etc.).
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?