Hi I recently had a life line screening and one

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Sun, 25 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: Hi I recently had a life line screening and one of the blood test was for my kidneys. My creatinine level was 0.66 lab range (0.76-1.27). I fasted for 18 hours before the test and only drank water. I take lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide for blood pressure. Should I be worried about liver problems or something else or is it not that low? I hade a few blood test last year and the levels were .87and .78. I don’t know the ranges for those but they were normal.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is just normal and you need not to worry about it

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history and reports you have shared, these are just normal ranges and it's rise is of more concern. In your case it's just about normal and there seems nothing at all to be worried about related to your kidneys.

This test is not for liver as there are separate set of test for liver issues and if you have had any history related to that you may need to have liver function tests done which include ALT, AST, and billirubin etc.

Low creatinine can be normal variant with low protien intake or low body mass index of low protien content but with such values it also doesn't seem to be the case.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 9 hours later
How off was my level? How low does it have to be to cause concern? The gave reasons why it could be low the other things you mentioned and severe liver problems. Could the fast I did lower my levels?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low protien intake or low muscle mass can cause low creatinine

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Your levels are just about normal and there isn't anything to be worried about. Very low creatinine levels can sometimes be due to low protien intake or low muscle mass individuals. Fasting can lower the intake and may slow down metabolism and low creatinine but some times dehydration can worsen it too so nothing is exactly predictable regarding fasting. Liver functions you have not shared yet so I don't find any reason to call it abnormal or severe lover issue as there isn't anything yet to support that. Keep good hydration and repeat liver and kidney function test after a week. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 36 minutes later
Thanks for getting back to me. The last liver test I had was about a year ago and my alt was a little elevated. The dr said it wasn’t worrisome. Everything else was good
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to have an ultrasound liver and viral serologies if remains high

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Such mildly high ALT can be due to fatty liver which is a common condition nowadays and should be ruled out on Ultrasound abdomen so that fat free diet and other life style modifications should be commenced however viral serologies like hepatitis B and C should also be done to rule out any such possibility only if repeated ultrasound also have high ALT. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D