Hi, I recently asked this and was told that it

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I recently asked this and was told that it was a fibroma because moles are usually flat and dark. I just wanted a second opinion possibly from a dermatologist if this is a mole/wart/fibroma and if it looks normal, thanks :)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely a wart

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
This looks more like a wart. Scalp fibroma is very rare.
I request you to kindly upload a few more good quality images of the affected area with camera flash off so that I am able to get a better look

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for the reply :D I've attached two images taken without the flash
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
seems like a Wart only

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the pictures.

It seems like a wart. The surface looks warty/irregular.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 11 days later
Hi, the other day I went to the dermatologist about a mole that I had checked two months ago which had no changes. He said that everything looked fine and asked what I would like done about it. I didn't think much of it at the time and just said if it's fine then leave it. I was just wondering what he meant by "what would you like done about it", and what do you think I should do about it? thanks :)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding a mole

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Perhaps your doctor just wanted to know if you would like to get rid of it for cosmetic purposes. Since it is a benign looking nevus so the only other indication for its removal is if it is a cosmetic concern for you. Otherwise you may just leave it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj