Hi, I received treatment for chlamydia in October of last

Posted on Sun, 3 Jun 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi, I received treatment for chlamydia in October of last year. I was retested last month, in April, and I was still positive for it. My partner and myself then received treatment. I slept with my partner again about a week and a half after being treated. Is it recommended that I receive treatment again or wait until I can be retested then receive treatment? My doctor told me that I can’t be tested again until XXXXXXX If I still have chlamydia right now, will it be worse for my body to wait until June?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inadequate treatment, not treating partner can be thought of.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

If your Chlamydia test was an antibody detection test then it will take sometime (months) to disappear from the blood even after cure. So nothing to worry.

What type of treatment you had for chlamydia?

You can have some other alternatives, if there are symptoms persisting or pus cells in urine.

Duration and dose also are important. ANYTHING WHICH IS INADEQUATE WILL LEAD TO RELAPSE.
As well as the abstinence from sex and treatment of sex partners are also equally important for the success and total elimination of the organisms.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
I have had oral treatment. Zithromycin on two separate occasions. I don't have symptoms of persisting or pus cells in my urine. But this last time, it hurt to have sex and I did bleed after. I took 1000 mg of Zithromycin this last treatment.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Absence of pus cells in urine indicates that you are free from Chlamydia.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
When there is no pus cells in the urine deposits for you and your partner, you need not worry about Chlamydia infection. There will not be any active infection. The positive result indicates an old infection.
Alternative treatment for Chlamydia is also available. At present you need no further treatment for Chlamydia.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
What exactly do you mean for pus cells in urine? Do you mean visible, tangible substances in urine?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a microscopical test done on urine sediments.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
It is not so. It is a microscopic finding done at any medical laboratory on urine sediments or a centrifuged urine. Up to 4 pus cells (dead wbcs), is acceptable as within normal limits, whereas anything more than 5 are considered as an indication of urethritis.
It is a very simple test available any laboratory.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Do you recommend that I get this specific test done?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urine microscopic examination is a must.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Yes.
It is a simple test, easy to perform. Cheaper. Takes only few minutes for the test. Available everywhere.
This will give information whether you need further treatment or not.
It is better to be done for you and your partner.
Dr S Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist