question-icon

Hi ! I need the second opinion on my relative's

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Question: Hi ! I need the second opinion on my relative's case. He has been diagnosed with a pancreatic cancer with mts in a liver. Will start a chemotherapy. What are the best available treatments for him? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Pancreatic cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

The chemotherapy will be dicaided based on some factors,one of them it’s the performance stauts of patcients.

Well know drug for using in this case is Gemcitabine alone or combinded with other drugs

If the patient is a good candidate the doctor may use FOLFIRINOX a combination of chemotherapeutic drugs

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera (25 hours later)
my relative with a pancreatic cancer started chemotherapy with Abraxane. What kind of side effects to expect and how to help him? He is weak. Does not want to eat. The next infusion is scheduled after one week.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Pancreatic cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Hi may have or not side effects from this medication

Some are nausea and vomiting,fatigue,infections,anemia,fever from leukopenia etc

In base of those symptoms the doctor will gave the right treatment for his case
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera (5 hours later)
Dr. Sera, I have asked what is your advice to make a patient life between the chemotherapy treatments easier. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera (0 minute later)
Brief Answer:
Pancreatic cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes i had understand you ,but except the healthy foods the side effects from the chimio can be treated only with medical treatment
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist