Hi. I m a 25 year old male with a
From past 4 months, I've been having flat stools consistently. I've taken at home FIT test 3 times in the past 3 months and it's been negative all 3 times. My weight has been almost constant from past 6 months. However from past 2 months I've been feeling feverish (no fever actually) and fatigued every day. I've been having chest tightness and excessive burping as well. I've not had any abdomen pain as such though.
In the past 4 months I've also had an array of tests done:
Blood tests, echo, ekg, CT scan abdomen, thyroid test, ultrasound abdomen, endoscopy, pulmonary function test. They've all been normal.
Really worried could it be colon cancer? :( :( I've scheduled a colonoscopy for XXXXXXX 14 2019. But it's like a month away.
Any help would be appreciated!
It sounds completely benign
What you describe sounds like a malabsorptive or inflammatory condition. What types of endoscopy have you had performed? Gastroscopy or colonoscopy? And with or without biopsies?
I can assure you, that you do not have colorectal cancer.
Have you had fecal cultures for e. coli, yersinia, salmonella, clostridiae, etc.?
It is important to rule out malabsorption
It is important to rule out malabsorption, and that is best done by gastroscopy with biopsies. The colonoscopy you are scheduled for should also be with biopsies.
Cancer is virtually impossible my friend.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has