Hi. I m 64 years. I have got hydrocele pain.which

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
Hi. I m 64 years. I have got hydrocele pain.which medicine can i take.? I m sulfa ellergic.regards.
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen if it suits you and additional things as mentioned below

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history, albeit short and specific.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when have you got the pain?
Which side of scrotum?
Any urinary complaints?
Any swelling in scrotum?
Any other information please.
Awaiting for your feedback.

Since you are allergic to Sulfa do not take this medicine. This is an antibiotic.
You may please any painkiller with anti-inflammatory properties like Ibuprofen whichever suits you the best.
Also needed are the following things:
Scrotal support to reduce the pain.
If there is any swelling, redness of skin or so, please consult at ER that is Emergency Room or your Doctor as soon as possible so that a proper clinical examination can be done and investigations like that of blood, urine, ultrasonography of abdomen and scrotum with color doppler can be done to get the correct diagnosis and additional treatment.
Please give further feedback too.
All the best.