Hi, I just got over a virus with vomiting and
Black stool is probably related to bleeding in the upper digestive tract.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a gastroenteritis.
The black stool can be related to blood that comes from higher up in the digestive tract.
I recommend to do a stool test and a complete blood count for further evaluation.
Also an endoscopy may be needed to confirm the source of the hemorrhage.
Meanwhile, I recommended to drink liquids and take daily probiotics.
I also suggest to eat plain food and avoid spicy food or caffeinated drinks which may trigger the symptoms.
After the recommended examinations you can contact me again for or further evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?