Hi, I heard that Apple cider vinegar will help in

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Hi, I heard that Apple cider vinegar will help in weight loss . is it true ? is it good for health? if so can you tell me how to use it ? thanks in advance
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Hi, I heard that Apple cider vinegar will help in weight loss . is it true ? is it good for health? if so can you tell me how to use it ? thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Still no conclusive evidence...

Detailed Answer:

There are multiple reports about apple cider vinegar used in improving insulin resistance, blood sugar as well as weight. But I did not find any conclusive scientific research approving the same. Small scale research done yet have found that there is no significant results with use of apple cider vinegar; but large scale robust research are yet to be done about it's benefits.

So I do not approve use of apple cider vinegar for weight loss in my patients.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Still no conclusive evidence...

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX I also came across in my research that millets are rich in fibre and aids weight loss. is it true ? but I never heard doctors recommending millets instead of rice ..! Thanks heaps once again .
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Millets helpful...

Detailed Answer:

Whole grain cereals are beneficial to health. Millets is also one among benefical cereal crop. It has low glycemic index and also known to improve insulin sensitivity. Both these effects plus additional fibres in millets will aid in weight reduction.

That being said, millets are not favorites all over. Most of them do not consume it. The strategy behind preparing a diet recommendation is to use commonly available food products. Probably this could be the reason why you don't hear much from doctors/nutritionist.

Further, you also need to know that there are no magic pills to reduce weight. Weight management needs using a balanced diet that as a whole helps. Plus exercise and life style changes need to be implemented. In simple words, millets help; but it is not favorable to fill stomach with just millet / millet based diet.

Hope I am clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by Dr. Prasad 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Millets helpful...

Detailed Answer: