Hi I haven't had my period since September 16 and

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Hi I haven't had my period since September 16 and I was diagnosed with PCOS (high androgen levels) and I don't want to take birth control. I would prefer to heal naturally and lose 15 lbs I gained. Is there any suggestion on how to do that?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I need more details to help you

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
I need more details like your age ,height and weight to help you better.
Are you suffering from low thyroid or diabetes?
You are absolutely correct about your weight.Reducing 5% of your weight can regularise your cycle.
Avoiding junk foods,carbonated drinks ,sweets,ice cream ,and pastries will help you reducing weight along with regular exercises like jogging,swimming or gym..
Feel free to ask your doubt with more details
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 21 hours later
I am 23 5'8 164 lbs. I eat mostly gluten free, little sugar and just recently started kept and I haven't lost but instead gained more weight the month I did this. I would workout 15-45 minutes 3-4 times a week and drank water except on the weekends I would drink alcohol. I want to know how to get my period normal naturally and if not having a period for 3 months is causing the vicious cycle of weight gain and no period with no help from dieting and exercising.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight reduction is the natural way

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Natural way of getting periods is to reduce weight.You can get the guidance from your dietician.
Also discuss with your gynaecologist about using metformin .
Regarfs
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy