Hi, I have suffered with neck pain for over 3
I have suffered with neck pain for over 3 years now but this last year it has got a lot worse ( especially the last 6 month) all pain block injections have stopped working. My mri results have just come back to me directly. It says there is a straightening of the cervical lordosis. Tiny posterior disc osteophyte bar at C 5-6. I have a family history of cervical spondylosis and I have osteopenia on my spine. What do my results mean? I need to know why I am in so much pain everyday in my neck. Regards Sarah
MRI findings and severity of your pain are not matching
Thanks for writing in to us.
Your MRI cervical spine report done 15-02-2019 is showing mild degenerative changes in the cervical vertebrae and discs.
The straightening of the cervical spine is a common condition in many people and shows a spasm of the neck muscles.
There is mention of small osteophytes in C5-C6 disc level and the neural foramina are not showing cervical nerve root compression.
The pain, I guess is much more than expected than what is visualised on the MRI scan images. I am also surprised that the MRI findings are showing a mild condition and you have already been through nerve blocks to control the pain.
A possible explanation can be that there is a pressure effect on the nerves at some other place along the brachial plexus pathway and it will help to discuss with your doctors and get a detailed study of the brachial plexus if needed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...