question-icon

Hi I have pcod and under treatment for 2 years.

Posted on Tue, 1 Jan 2019
Question: Hi
I have pcod and under treatment for 2 years. I got pregnant one time with femara and ended up in a missed abortion at 8 weeks . Now I am ttc. Had follicular study and it shows ovulation on day 15 with endometrium thickness 12 mm. Last month also I had ovulation with ET 14 mm. Is there any problem with ET prevents me from conceiving . When I got pregnant my et is only 10 mm. All other months when I ovulate it is above 12 mm
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
The thickness is normal for ovulation.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
A thin endometrium can cause an early abortion as the placenta is not able to fix properly in the uterus. Endometrial thickness normal range for conceiving is usually considered to be around 8mm, which needs to go up to around 15mm to be able to hold the fertilized egg securely.
In your case the thickness of endometrium is not worrisome.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN