Hi, I have pain in my testicles and lower abdomen.
different possible causes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
There are different possible causes of testicular pain and treatment would vary depending on the likely cause.
If the pain is severe or worsening, then you would need to be assessed despite the fact that no lumps are felt. Severe pain can sometimes be due to torsion of the testes and this is a medical emergency where the person needs to be assessed as soon as possible. In this condition there is usually swelling of the testes and one appears elevated compared to the other.
Because of the severity of the pain, persons may have nausea and vomiting.
Some of the other common causes are:(1) infection- this can occur in different structures- there can be infection of the testes (orchitis), epididymis (epididymitis). Infection of the prostate (prostatitis) can also sometimes be associated with pain
Infection would require the use of antibiotics. Imaging is sometimes necessary , swelling can occur in these types of infections.
(3)nerve damage (neuropathy)- this can cause pain. Neuropathy can occur in different conditions such as diabetes, vitamin b12 or folate deficiency, liver or kidney disease, trauma, thyroid disease
(4)You indicated that there was no mass, this makes hydrocele or rare causes such as cancer, unlikely
Imaging by ultrasound, would be the best initial test if the pain continues or worsens because it can identify any structural changes to the testes and related areas.
Urine analysis may also be required since it would provide information re possible infection.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?