Hi. I have noticed a trend in which my fingers

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Hi. I have noticed a trend in which my fingers have swelling above and below the knuckles. Each time this occurs I also notice diarrhea. I have been tested for all types of arthritis with none present at time of flare up.
Mon, 12 Feb 2018 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic diseases such Crohn's, IBS, etc. to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Periodic swelling and diarrhea is noticed in chronic diseases such irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, etc.

It is necessary to get evaluated by a Gastroentrologyst about these possible conditions and further tests to confirm or exclude them.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Hi. I have noticed a trend in which my fingers 1 hour later
I do have other stomach issues so this makes sense. I take pantoprazole twice daily for acid control.

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Okay then, in my opinion, you should get evaluated further about gastrointestinal conditions that may cause your issues.

Hope I helped you.

Feel free to discuss with me about your health issues.