question-icon

Hi. I have not pooped in 2 weeks. I'm passing

Posted on Sat, 16 Mar 2019
Question: Hi. I have not pooped in 2 weeks. I'm passing gas and mucus. I'm not vomiting but do get gas pains.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possible blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

Having two weeks without a bowel movement is quite a long time.
Using miralax gives a bowel movement in 12 - 24 hours while using colace should have helped you to pass stools in three days.
Having so long (2 weeks) without a bowel movement is quite long and needs further investigations.
You should firstly do an ultrasound and a fybroscopy too to determine the place and the cause of blockage.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka