Hi I have never had this happen before. I took
Several advises given on how to help with this
Welcome at "Ask a Doctor" service.
I would advise you to take an ibuprofen 400 mg 1 hour before doing physical activity (running) for 1-2 weeks, this will help reduce the inflammation and pain that may happen.
Also try to start with less activity and increase it gradually, for example: if you used to run 60 minutes previously, start now with 20 minutes (if pain starts earlier, do less), continue so for a week and than gradually increase the exercise by 1-2 minutes every week. This will give some time for the blood vessels of the feet to get used to the increased demands for blood and oxygen.
You can do some calf muscle stretches before starting to run to prevent tight calf muscles with exercise. Stretch slowly and keep it up to 30 seconds, do not stretch if pain.
If you still continue with the symptoms even though you are trying these you will need to have a visit (with physical therapist or a sport specialist) to rule out some muscle strain and probably if these do not help enough you will need to have some examinations like a doppler ultrasound of the vessels of the legs to make sure all is well and probably EMG and NCT to examine the muscles and nerves as well. Blood calcium and vitamin D levels can be checked.
I hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?