Hi, I have just found a lump on my vulva

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Sun, 10 Mar 2019 in Cancer
Question: Hi, I have just found a lump on my vulva. It is about the size of a small pea and it is a bit painful.
I noticed yesterday that I felt a bit sore, like a bruise and I examined myself, but couldn't feel anything. However today as I was bathing I noticed the lump is there.
I'm worried because about a year ago my vulva was very itchy. I saw my GP who prescribed a steroid cream. The steroid cream didn't stop the itching and made my skin very raw, so I stopped using it. The itching continued for about 4 or 5 months. I thought it was dermatitis so I tried using some organic baby nappy rash cream that I use for my daughter. This has stopped the itching for about 4 months now. However, I'm worried because I googled vulva cancer and two of the symptoms are itching and a lump
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vulvar lump

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Those symptoms are common and can be happening in most women’s. Some of the causes are vaginal cysts, infections etc

Signs for vulvar cancer may include pain and tenderness; bleeding that isn't from menstruation color changes, thickening or other skin changes; itching that doesn't go away, and a lump, open sore or wart-like bumps

In my opinion, you should not worry about it. If you have problems again I will suggest you consult a gynecologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad