Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Hi.. I have itchy feeling at the penis hole and

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 3001 Questions
Hi.. I have itchy feeling at the penis hole and over the glans of the penis.The feeling sensation causes an urge to pee. The situation causes discomfort and irritation. I don't have any pain while peeing. I have itching over scrotum too sometimes.

Please lemme know the reason for such feeling and medications for it.
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yeast infection, topical antifungal and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your complaints and these symptoms could be due to yeast infection.

I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and apply an antifungal cream like Sertaconazole or Clotrimazole cream on the affected areas twice daily.

Also, please get your blood sugar levels checked and urine routine examination as sometimes it can be associated with diabetes.

Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hi.. I have itchy feeling at the penis hole and 22 hours later
The edges of the glans of penis i.e. Soft skin is getting swelled often and it could be easily noticeable.

I'm using clotrimazole powder right now and I will be taking up the above mentioned prescription by you from tomorrow.

Should I take any other medications other than above mentioned ones to reduce swell or to keep penis normally?

Please help me out.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take single dose of tablet fluconazole

Detailed Answer:
These all symptoms coincide with fungal infection.
You can also take a single dose of tablet fluconazole 150 mg.
Besides this maintain good personal hygiene and keep the area dry.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hi.. I have itchy feeling at the penis hole and 55 minutes later

Should I visit Urologist necessarily?

Itching and swelling panics me a lot. Please lemme know so that I will visit.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can wait for a week and observe

Detailed Answer:
You can wait and start with the medicines.
If the condition doesn’t improve in a week’s time then consult a urologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor