question-icon

Hi. I have had an xray of y jaw and

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019
Question: Hi.
I have had an xray of y jaw and left side has lots of wear and tear. Right side not so bad..
Can this cause sore ear and tinnitus ?
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Not,

Detailed Answer:

The left side wear and soreness do not lead to ear pain or tinnitus. Most likely it is an independent throat infection or ear infection.

Discuss with the dentist to know the cause of hair fall. In the interim, let me know if you have any questions that fit profile of this patient.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad (40 minutes later)
Could it be sinus related?
Follow up: Dr. Prasad (2 minutes later)
My dr thought it may be ETD
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Both possible...

Detailed Answer:

Sinusitis many a times leads to eustachian tube dysfunction. So both are possible.

If you do not have headache, nasal congestion, a blocked nose and others, sinusitis seems unlikely. Moreover sinusitis are picked on X-rays. If there is any suspicion x-ray of paranasal sinus will clear those.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad