Hi I have had a very bad jock itch infection.
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Ketoconazole binds to androgen receptors and thus interferes with testosterone. It can have sexual side effects like decreased libido, impotence, oligospermia but that is usually seen with long term treatment in chronic mycotic infections. I don't think jusr 3-4 weeks of ketoconazole for superficial fungal infections would cause any significant sexual side effects.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body