question-icon

Hi I have extremely high pain in my penis and

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019
Question: Hi I have extremely high pain in my penis and cannot go pee for three years. Doctor put a suprapubic catheter in but that has never stopped the pain. I'm on 7 4mg pills a day for the pain and have overdosed twice. Please help!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please provide few more details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to be facing problem of getting severe pain in penis and unable to pass urine per urethra and have been put a supra Pubic Catheter to drain out the bladder .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Have you been getting obstructive voiding symptoms like frequency ,poor urinary stream ,nocturnal frequency for urination (Nocturia ) since a long time before started getting pain in penis ?
2) Have you undergone any endoscopic procedure per urethra like Cystoscopy,TURP etc ?
3) Have you undergone investigations like Retrograde Cysto Urothrogram
(RGU) or Micturiting Cysto Urothrogram (MCU) to rule out narrowing of
urethral passage (StrictureUrethra)?
4) Have you undergone Urodynamic study of bladder?
5) Do you have any other major illness like Diabetes ,Cardiac problem
etc?

Expecting your feedback to that will help me to make precise comments and suggestions .Please do not hesitate to write if you have pore questions .I will be happy to address your concern

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil (6 hours later)
pour urinary stream yes
endoscopic procedure yes two or three times
I have not had investigations for retrograde, never heard of RGU or MCU
never had a urodynamic study of bladder

no other major problems except I fell 25 years ago and stomach was pushed into esaughagus and it started to die so 3/4 was removed and I never really wanted to eat since so about 3 or 4 years ago had a feeding tube put into lower intestine so I could get some nourishment, I use complete its something similar to insure but better
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need to do RGU and MCU to rule out stricture urethra

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for feedback .

Considering the past history of instrumentation thrice there is possibility of you having narrowing of urethral passage (Stricture Urethra) .

I would suggest yo to consult your Urologist and discuss with him about the possibility of Urethral Stricture disease and get the tests suggested done to establish the diagnosis and to plan out further treatment .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist