Hi, I have extreme diarea attacks soon after I eat
Feel blotted all the time and strength gone. Always feel like the flue coming on but no fever. Dearie is very forceful and very running, comes on with little warning and is immediate. Have been that way for the last 3 days.
Severe viral gastroenteritis likely.
Thank you for being on 'Ask A Doctor' service,
The symptoms you are describing are mostly suggestive of viral gastroenteritis which is usually self-limiting. Bacterial infection of the intestine is usually associated with fever while viral usually is without fever.
Its self limiting in most of the cases and takes about 10 days to limit itself.
Stool analysis and culture are required to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, drink plenty of water and electrolyte containing drinks like Gatorade. Follow soft diet. BRAT (Banana, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) diet will be easier on your tummy.
Take one glass oral rehydration solution after every motion.
Take complete bed rest.
Hope this answers your query
Please let me know if you need further clarification
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?