Hi, I Have Epididymitis On April Last Week I Have
I have taken medications for one week and completed it on May 1st week.
Now it's almost one month after the medications are over, Still I could pain in the affected testis after ejaculation
The pain or irritation persists for some two days and after that it is getting normal.
So it's like it was not completely cured or still it will take time to settle down to normal
residual inflammation most likely.need clinical work up and definite treat.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As per my clinical experience, the pain in the affected testis at a period of
1 month after epididymitis must be in concern with residual inflammation
inside the ejaculatory ducts most likely.
* If happens manytimes that symptoms initially disappear and the clinical
assumption of recovery is considered, while underlying low grade
inflammation is still present, which shows up episodically as in your case.
* As the due course time period is over for natural recovery after the acute
onset of inflammation, it is matter of evaluation to get the root cause with
- Complete hemogram and WBC counts
- urine microscopy and semen analysis
- Doppler ultrasound of the testicles, epididymis, seminal vesicles and
* The future course of action depends upon the extent of residual
inflammation, which may be of various aspects as
- scrotal suspensory support
- avoidance of strenuous activities as weight lifting, running or others
- preference of medium fitting inner wear and avoidance of tight jeans
- plenty of liquids to avoid secondary bacterial infection of urine
- control of blood sugar
- genital hygiene care
- due course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory as per the clinician decision
- balanced nutritious diet to combat the immunity at its best
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you any further.
Dr Bhagyesh ( MS consultant surgeon )
I am going for playing badminton daily morning, does this have any impact to the epdidymitis
Thanks for the follow up.
* A treating consultant is always having privilege to assess the condition on
clinical grounds and in that case, I would agree with your consultant
advise in epididymitis recovery advise.
* The activities like badminton do pause certain strain or pulling at tissues of
pelvic region during specific maneuvers.
Hence it is recommended to withheld such activities if possible till complete recovery of the condition.
Have a nice recovery.
If I have to pause the badminton and other activities like ejaculating, How long I have to wait for the complete recovery of epididymitis
If you pause such activities, I think you will be fine within next 2 weeks or so.