Hi I have been to my dr week ago because
Kindly describe your rash
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You seem to have developed urticaria (hives) to Amoxicillin. The diarhea could be antibiotic induced diarhea.
Kindly describe your rash like itching, redness, etc and if possible please upload its photo. This will help me narrow the diagnosis.
Meanwhile discontinue amoxicillin and consult your doctor for further management. Take an anti-allergic medicine like Benadryl, etc.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Allergic reactions are of many types
thanks for reverting back.
The type of allergic reaction you have is either not immediate or it's milder type of immediate reaction (this being the first episode).
I mean that allergic reactions are of many types. Only one type of reaction is possibly fatal... type 1 immediate type. In this type of reaction there can be difficulty in breathing, bronchospasm and require epinephrine and emergency care. These people do not get the time to write query. They present at the emergency because of the symptoms.
Most other reactions are milder or other types, not requiring emergency care.
Well, in future you have to be careful that if difficulty in breathing happens after taking a medicine, then you will need to inject epinephrine right away.
Hope this clears your doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...