Hi, I have been having a sore throat for 3

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 1 Mar 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,
I have been having a sore throat for 3 months now.
I have seen several doctors, and tried antibiotics and nasal sprays.
Nothing seems to work.
It started as a virus with fever, swollen lymph nodes and a very sore throat(it was not strep throat or mono) But the sore throat never went away and I also have postnasal drip.
The sore throat sometimes have gotten better but in the 3 months time it never went away.

Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 3 minutes later
The back of my head/neck has also been very painful during this time. Followed by some facial pain.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hii. It is evident from your history that you are having allergic rhinosinu

Detailed Answer:
Hii. It is evident from your history that you are having allergic rhinosinusitis and pharyngitis. It is always better to give a throat swab and sent for culture and sensitivity. You are having postnatal drop also. So you need to do a X ray paranasal sinus to see your sinuses. You should undergo a nasal endoscopy to see the nasal cavity. In the meantime start a fluticasone nasal spray,antiallergic tablet,steam inhalation. Also start betadine gargle. You should start an antacids also to decrease the laryngopharyngeal reflux or acid reflux as this can contribute to repeated pharyngitis. Lead a healthy,stress free life. Drink less tea,coffee. Drink plenty of fluids. Stay away from dust,cold. Start yoga which will increase your immunity.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T