Hi, I have a swelling around my left shoulder and
I have a swelling around my left shoulder and it feels like ballooned up. What is causing this swelling? Photos attached. I feel if I inhale that side doesn't go down all the way inside compared to next side. Just worried is it something serious?
Can be due to fat deposition.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached images. The mild swelling that you can feel is likely to be due to distribution of fat in the area. There can be some subcutaneous fat deposition like lipoma causing the mildly raised area. This is not related to the internal abnormality of lungs. Losing some weight can help in reducing the swelling. You can also get it examined by your physician to confirm this. Nothing to worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Minor soft tissue swelling.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen attached images. The swelling in the neck is minimal and seems to be a minor soft tissue variation. This can be a normal change or a mild muscle spasm. This swelling is not related to Raynaud's condition.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Oral muscle relaxants can help.
If the swelling is associated with pain then it can be a muscle spasm and oral muscle relaxants and a hot compress can help. But if there is no pain then it is a soft tissue variation and medicines will not help much.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?