Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hi, I have a sore, red weeping rash in my

Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8298 Questions

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have a sore, red weeping rash in my groin area, what would cause this and how do I treat it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Intertrigo is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps you have intertrigo which is inflammation of body folds. Sweat/moisture, friction from rubbing and yeast infection (Candida Albicans) play a major role in inducing intertrigo. Intertrigo is more common in hot, humid weather conditions. I suggest you keep the groin folds dry as much as possible.

In addition, I suggest you take an oral antifungal e.g fluconazole 150mg once a week for 4 weeks. You may use an otc topical antifungal e.g Clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if you need any more assistance

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on