Hi, I have a sore, red weeping rash in my
Intertrigo is a possibility
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Perhaps you have intertrigo which is inflammation of body folds. Sweat/moisture, friction from rubbing and yeast infection (Candida Albicans) play a major role in inducing intertrigo. Intertrigo is more common in hot, humid weather conditions. I suggest you keep the groin folds dry as much as possible.
In addition, I suggest you take an oral antifungal e.g fluconazole 150mg once a week for 4 weeks. You may use an otc topical antifungal e.g Clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body