Hi, I have a cold which got to my lungs
Probably a muscle strain due to cough, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Muscular strain is very common while coughing.
I would recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I would also recommend using an anti inflammatory cream such as Voltaren cream.
Heat compresses and stretching exercises can also be very helpful.
I would also suggest taking an over-the-counter medication that contain Dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant to help with the cough.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?