Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hi , I have a circumcised penis. I suffer from

Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8273 Questions

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi , I have a circumcised penis. I suffer from genital herpes, for which I take zovirax 400 for every recurrence.
My problem is the skin on the penis feels very fragile and tender after intercourse or mastrubation and experience soreness for few days. Is there any cream / treatment to heal faster or make my skin better...?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding herpes related nerve inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is quite common to have this weird sensation of soreness even after the sores of genital herpes have healed. This weird sensation is related to nerve inflammation. You may take a vitamin B 12 and gabapentin supplement e.g Nurokind G 100, twice daily for a few days. It would help to calm down nerve inflammation and reduce nerve related symptoms. Topically you may use a moisturizer e.g vaseline or petrolatum.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on