Hi, I had what I thought was a few strange
I had what I thought was a few strange bug bites that I may have unknowingly scratched badly and turned into sores. However, they've gotten worse and I seem to have a few more small bumps in the same area. I'm trying to get figure out what it could possibly be and ensure that it's not anything more serious.
Insect bite reaction, doesn't seem to be anything serious
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be an insect bite reaction only and nothing serious.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like Cortisone cream and antibiotic like Neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg once daily at bedtime for 8-10 days.
This will resolve the bumps.
Hope to have answered your query.
I would be happy to answer any further queries.
Thank you for your help
Bumps can continue to occur for few days as its a reaction
Its a hypersensitivity reaction to insect bite.
So a few spots can occur as a reaction even after few days.
Difficult to comment on the nature of the insect causing these bumps.
It could be bugs or mites.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs