Hi, I had my abscess removed a month ago. It

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Lump
Question: Hi, I had my abscess removed a month ago. It was on my tailbone. So because it was on my tailbone, when i sit or try to bend, the dressing they put after the abscess removal started coming out ( it had happened 3 times ) and now it has been a month and now it has become like a lump or pimple and it still bleeds a little or it may be the fluid coming out. it has been left open for so many times since last month.

Could i have got any infection now as its touching the clothes every single day since last month? i am asking it because i have been feeling little tired and week and i can't eat as much i used to. Red big strechmarks are increasing rapidly and are already on my upper arms, breast and shoulders. I am afraid i might have got an infection or worse ( cancer ?).
i don't want to die, please help!

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It doesn't seem like a simple abscess

Detailed Answer:
As per your description, it doesn't look like a simple abscess.

In Abscess, once the pus is drained, it will heal completely in course of time with appropriate Antibiotic. In your case, it seems to be a Pilonidal Sinus. It is not Cancer. Infection of the Sinus is a possibility.

You should take appropriate Antibiotic after sending the pus for Culture and Sensitivity.
Pilonidal Sinus occurs near tailbone with an opening. It will be discharging fluid/blood/pus regularly. It tends to have a Tract to the Interior aspect. Whole Sinus tract has to be removed for complete cure.

Please consult a XXXXXXX General Surgeon, do get examined clinically and proceed further.
Nothing to worry.
I have done many surgeries of Pilonidal Sinus with a complete cure.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 29 minutes later
Thank you very much for answering.

I am little relived by your answer but i still worry about the Big Red Strechmarks. They are increasing so quickly and are already all aver my uperarms, some on breast,some starts 2 inches below the armpits. I don't understand why are they increasing so fast and are so red. I am worried they will spread much more.

What could be the reason and What should i do to prevent it? Will they ever disappear ?

I smoke weed regularly, i eat unhealthy food oftenly, i have gained a lot of weight since last year at an unusual rate. if this is the reason the please tell me.

My body looks gross when i take my shirt off. I can't be like this my whole life. Please tell me any remedy or cure and prevention in the future. I have lost my personality and confidence.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to overweight

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Stretch marks are common when skin streches after weight gain.If the Increase of the weight is fast,then the Marks will also Increase at that place.It is physiological.
Regarding redness, you should consult a Dermatologist and proceed further.
You should do Regular exercises.It will keep your wieght in normal range.
Diet should be balanced and healthy.Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
Nothing to worry.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj