Hi.. I had been on birth control pills for 2

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi.. I had been on birth control pills for 2 and a half years and I came off the pill in October 2018.. I have been trying to conceive from October but not able to conceive till now.. I even consulted my doctor and checked that I am ovulating correctly.. I wanted to know is it common for couples to take more than 4 months to get pregnant.. Should we get a semen analysis done now or wait for another 2-3 months.. could you please suggest.. I am really worried...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can wait for another 3-4 months.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
Normally conception takes 4-6 months with regular daily sex during the fertile days of the cycle. After taking birth control pills it takes 4-6 months for the fertility to return to normal. You need not start worrying. Do try for 3-4 months more and start with regular folic acid supplements. In case you fail to conceive then it is best to consult an infertility specialist and start with proper investigations along with semen analysis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng