question-icon

Hi, I had an ulcer(probably due to heat) and occasional

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Question: Hi,

I had an ulcer(probably due to heat) and occasional twiching of facial muscle near left cheek bone.

I kinda over-trained at gym too a couple of days.

So, could it be possible that facial muscle twiching is due to general fatigue or tiredness?
Or could there be any other cause?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
fatigue could be...

Detailed Answer:

I assume the twitching you had are not a recurring / persisting symptom that occurs everyday. If it is so, it needs to be evaluated by a neurologist.

Occasional and random episodes of muscle fiber twitching are usually due to benign reasons. And probably it is to do with gym training (over-training) - dehydration, general fatigue and tiredness. It should stop in a day or two. I encourage you to drink plenty of fluids.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad